Medical Reiki Services. Patients Deserve it. Staff Appreciate it.
I am a Certified Medical Reiki™ Master. Reiki helps facilitate the body’s natural healing abilities, while calming the mind and emotions. Supporting patients with Reiki throughout a variety of medical procedures and recovery may improve the success (and duration) of medical treatment. With approval from the surgeon or medical professional in charge, I can now offer Reiki to support spiritual well being and to facilitate balance in the body to help the body self-heal. Every situation is unique. Reiki is a non-invasive, complementary modality that is not intended to replace Medical treatment. It can be help with surgery, rehabilitation, cancer treatment, and disease symptom management. When the body is balanced, it has this remarkable ability to self-heal and self-regulate. Contact me for more information on how I may be able to help pre-surgery, during surgery, or post-surgery. I also have experience working with Cancer patients, and can assist with Reiki to complement any cancer therapies or treatments . EVERY PATIENT DESERVES MEDICAL REIKI ™ DURING SURGERY!
If you are scheduled for surgery, I recommend having 2-3 sessions within 2 weeks of your surgery, as well as 2-3 sessions as soon after surgery as possible. Depending on the nature of your surgery and recovery, this can vary. Generally, Reiki is very effective in terms of creating balance prior to surgery to encourage an easier recovery and it can also be effective in managing pain, anxiety, and medication side effects right after a surgery.
Certified Medical Reiki™ Masters
As a Certified Medical Reiki™ Master, I am passionate about offering Reiki as a holistic, complementary therapy for patients and their caregivers. It is truly a non-invasive option with zero side effects or risks, which is why it works so well with any number (and variety) of treatment programs. Reiki is a wonderful way to support patients and/or caregivers in a nurturing holistic way during what can be a very emotional and challenging time.
Certified Medical Reiki™ Masters do not diagnose conditions, prescribe or perform medical treatments, or interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional.
The beauty of Reiki is in its simplicity. Reiki is an effective holistic, non-invasive therapy with no risks or side effects, thus it supports any and all conventional medical treatments. Reiki involves gentle touch (and can be done via distance or with hands above the body) that facilitates balance in the body. It brings the body into a greater state of balance on all levels: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Through this treatment, the body’s own innate wisdom is stimulated to facilitate self-healing. As stress and tension are released, the body begins to relax and release the trauma, illness, or imbalances and returns to harmony, equilibrium and calmness. Conventional medications and procedures tend to be unidirectional in that they strongly move the person’s system in one direction, regardless of what else is happening in their body. This is why we often see side effects (that vary from person to person) in medications and procedures. Reiki accounts for the whole picture and does not have a “set process” or structure, thus it embraces the strengthening aspects of medical treatment and supports the body in addressing the treatment’s unbalancing aspects. Reiki will NEVER override the healing process of a conventional or complementary intervention. Reiki is ALWAYS safe.
Patients can benefit in the following ways (pre, during or post surgery or treatment):
- Can help reduce pain, anxiety, tension, stress and depression
- Balances the immune system & calms the stress response
- Quiets the mind and calms and soothes emotions
- Dissolves energy blockages and releases toxins
- Enhances feelings of well-being and empowerment
- Can diminish the side effects of chemotherapy, radiation therapies and medications
- Can accelerate surgical recovery and healing
- Can support childbirth process for mom, dad and baby
- Can deeply support patient, family/caregivers with end of life palliative care
- Supports the trauma, grief, and loss processes
- Can support blood pressure, heart or circulatory conditions
- Can support effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Caregiver and Medical Staff Benefits
- Immediate relief of stress
- Rebalances and reenergizes the effects of a stressful environment
- Cultivates an environment of trust and support
- Balances and strengthens the immune system
- Eases caregiver burnout
Interested in Engaging Me to Facilitate Self-Healing in the Medical Realm?
I would be honored and grateful to assist you or your loved ones during any part of the medical procedures process. My physical presence in the OR during a surgery is dependent on your surgeon’s approval. However, I can be offering Reiki outside of the OR during the procedure, and Reiki for chemotherapy infusions, labor, pre-op or post-op situations can be extremely effective. Pricing varies depending on situation. In general, it works out to an hourly rate. Contact me for more information.
- Pre, Post and During Surgery
- Cancer Treatment centers
- Chemotherapy suites
- Plastic Surgery/Reconstructive Centers
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Children’s units -NICU, PICU
- Labor and Delivery
- Intensive care units
- Emergency rooms
- Veterans Hospitals
- Assisted Living and Nursing homes
- At home, in a bed or in a chair
Reiki treatments are adaptable to any environment and everyone can benefit. Reiki can benefit people of any age and with any condition, including newborns, children, teens, adults, and seniors.
Practical Use of Medical Reiki
Reiki treatments are one of the top three complementary in-patient therapies offered in over 800 US hospitals (that number is growing every month)
Some of these hospitals include:
- Johns Hopkins
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- George Washington University Hospital
- Many Wounded Warrior and Hospice Programs
To learn more about the specifics of the Medical Reiki Certification, visit Raven Keyes Medical Reiki (TM) International.