What is Energy Medicine?
While conventional medicine focuses on the biochemistry of cells, tissue, and organs and is aimed at treating disease (typically the symptoms of disease), Energy Medicine focuses on the energy fields of the body that organize and control the growth and repair of cells, tissue, and organs. Changing impaired energy patterns can be a very efficient, non-invasive way to improve the vitality of organs, cells, and the mind-body connection. Essentially, it’s a great way to encourage BALANCE within the body to allow it to self-heal and self-regulate.
“In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy. ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi, MD Nobel Laureate in Medicine
How is Energy Medicine Practiced?
* Energy Medicine utilizes techniques from time-honored traditions such as acupuncture, yoga, kinesiology, and qi gong. Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system by tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points (acupoints) on the skin; by tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways; through exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects; by focused use of the mind to move specific energies; and/or by surrounding an area with healing energies. Energy Medicine differs from Reiki in that it is deliberately directly by the practitioner (or yourself once you learn the techniques). With Reiki, there is no analysis or “direction”; the practitioner (or yourself) simply initiates the connection to Reiki energy and it flows where it is needed most to restore the body’s function to a state of balance. With Energy Medicine, we deliberately work with certain systems based on simple tests (or intuition) to direct and re-establish energy patterns to create more balance in the body.
How Does Energy Medicine Work?
*Energy Medicine recognizes energy as a vital, living, moving force that determines much about a person’s general health and well-being.
To maintain vitality health, the body needs its energies to:
- Move and have space to continue to move—energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference from other energies.
- Move in specific patterns—generally in harmony with the physical structures and functions that the energies animate and support. “Flow follows function.”
- Cross over—at all levels, from the microlevel of the double helix of DNA, extending to the macrolevel where the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side controls the left.
- Maintain a balance with other energies—the energies may lose their natural balance due to prolonged stress or other conditions that keep specific energy systems in a survival mode.
- Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
* Information taken from Donna Eden/Eden Energy Medicine Resources
Anyone can learn these simple, effective techniques to enhance your immune system, strengthen your vitality and improve your response to stress. Work with me to learn (hands on) simple techniques that you can use anytime, anywhere so you can “own” your own health and vitality. They are also easy and effective to teach to your family. I’ve found them to be extremely useful to people (of all ages) who are prone to anxiety or panic; offering a sense of calm in under a minute.
I offer experiential workshops that offer many of these tools. Or, schedule a one on one session with me to learn more about how to use these tools to maintain or improve your health and well-being. Health is a great long-term investment. Invest in yourself!
Get immediate benefits by making Donna Eden’s Daily Energy Routine a part of your daily routine. Learn more about energy balancing techniques here.
Investment: $135 (90 Minute Session) – session can be in-person or remote
Contact me to schedule a session.